FX Hybrid slugs in a BTAS FAC carbine cyclone

The fast action, biathlon style sidelever shooter from FX (FX5100 / FX5100-22 / FX5102 / FX5102-22 / FX5103/ FX5103-22). Also known as BTAS (Ben Taylor And Son) Cyclone and Webley Spectre.

FX Hybrid slugs in a BTAS FAC carbine cyclone

Postby some bloke on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:56 pm

Gotta be tried given the occasional time I use it is strictly for pest control. This still has the original old style 480mm ish barrel rather than a slug liner. It usually shoots 16 grain 5.52mm diablo fields at 26 ftlb.

I'll be waiting for a calm dry evening so plenty of time to post up any thoughts about it. :mrgreen:
Attachments
20 Sample FX Hybrid slugs.JPG
20 Sample FX Hybrid slugs.JPG (439.35 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
some bloke

Re: FX Hybrid slugs in a BTAS FAC carbine cyclone

Postby some bloke on Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:14 am

Huh - their firmer tail took a lot of ramming into the barrel and hit about 6" lower at 45 yards. The initial rough target was a tuft of grass growing in a golf club's bulk storage bay of sandy soil.

I was expecting to find the base had rammed through but after locating two of them both were intact and had not opened up at all to my eyes. That might have been different in a more moist medium.

I'd filled two 8 round mags + the odd four (of 20) were used to form a rough zero aim point but there seemed little point going any further with them.

I followed up with another mag of diablo's just to confirm I'd not done any barrel seal damage forcing the Hybrids into the breech. I won't be splashing out on a slug liner barrel given I rarely use it but fully understand the slugs are too tight a fit for the standard pellet barrel given they don't have a soft skirt and the 480mm ish carbine barrel doesn't build up enough pressure for them.

some bloke

Re: FX Hybrid slugs in a BTAS FAC carbine cyclone

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 pm

Heard that there are now some slugs that are designed for sub 12 - wonder if they'd work better? Think that at the moment, they're quite expensive though!
.177 walnut stocked Cyclone Carbine
.177 mk1 Vermy
.177 walnut stocked L/W Typhoon
.177 synth stocked S/T Typhoon
Suffolk Rifle

Return to FX Cyclone