Can an fx2000 be regulated? YES it Can!

The model which started it all. Also known as Webley FX2000 and RWS Exalibre. FX Tarantula and FX Timber Wolf seem to be similar rifles, as is the FX Rapier.

Can an fx2000 be regulated? YES it Can!

Postby poisedshot on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 am

Hi guys, ive added this to the forum as i received a private message from one of our members regarding my regulated Fx2000
The regulator is a Robert Lane Design MK5a Regulator and I'm still yet to add my review on it for the fx2000: http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/robert ... -regulator

As a quick summary, It's really nice to have the confidence over the whole cylinder, theres no shift in point of impace at all. (See the graphs for consistency).
Shot wise, I'm now getting 230 ish shots out of her from a 207 bar fill all the way down to about 55 bar, this is at sub 12 ftlb...
Getting one fitted is usually a straight forward job as the reg comes pre tuned by Robert himself, you just need to drill a breath hole, open up the transfer port and then fine tune the valve outlet spring and hammer spring.

+ There are two Robert Lane regulators being given away at AirRifleReviews.co.uk - Giveaway page is here: http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/robert ... le-reviews the competition is open to all from across the world (not just the uk).

This is my Fx2000 shot string before the reg was fitted:
1.jpg
1.jpg (90.92 KiB) Viewed 5282 times

This is after Reg fitted (comes in two parts because there's two graphs!)
part one:
2.jpg
2.jpg (94.45 KiB) Viewed 5282 times

part two:
3.jpg
3.jpg (112.79 KiB) Viewed 5282 times
poisedshot

Re: Can an fx2000 be regulated? YES it Can!

Postby mazperks on Mon May 26, 2014 11:26 am

Hi, looking at your un regged shot string I would say the previous 40 ish shots to your sweet spot looked quite acceptible, not having much variance from the following ones.
Having said that you seem to have got a significant improvement with the reg fitted.
mazperks

Re: Can an fx2000 be regulated? YES it Can!

Postby poisedshot on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:13 am

looking at the graph is one thing, but shooting the rifle is another..

im not sure if its difficult to imagine but every shot i take with the rifle now seems much much more predictable..
maybe its a confidence boost installing a regulator but the results tell me otherwise.

once you have the reg installed (making sure to drill a breath hole, you cant skip this step) and a few adjustments to the valve spring tension and hammer spring tension you are good to go. Robert pre tuned my regulator for me which he does for every regulator sold anyways.

the extra shots is a bonus, i never realised how much i needed to stop shooting just to fill up again as i had used up my shots within my sweet spot.

if you need any tips or advice just let me know, i dont come on here much but i am on the airriflereviews.co.uk forum under the name andrewjames.

cheers
andy
poisedshot

Return to FX FX2000